Already know yet, what is the taskbar? Taskbar is a menu located at the bottom of Windows. Its function is to:How to hide the Windows Taskbar?
- Facilitate user navigation
- Shorten the time when you want to open the application
- Connect internet connection
- Displays date information
And other things, there are lots of them.
This taskbar has existed since the days of Windows 95 first. It’s popular in Windows XP, but it had disappeared in Windows 8 before finally being restored again in Windows 10.
Well, although useful, the taskbar sometimes also annoys you know. For example, when streaming or typing. Especially for those who have a small monitor screen, broad appearance is not easy to see.
For this reason, the guide to hide the taskbar in Windows 10 must be known.
How to Hide the Taskbar in Windows 10
Hiding the Taskbar is very easy. In fact, if I myself do not need 10 seconds. The method is as follows:
- Right-click on the Taskbar
- Then click Taskbar Settings
- Setting On on the Automatically hide the taskbar section in the desktop mode
More complete like this:
At the bottom of Windows, right-click on the taskbar.
Then options will appear. Please select the Taskbar Settings
Click on the automatically hide the taskbar section in the desktop mode until it is ON
After setting the ON, the taskbar should be hidden automatically, and will only be seen again when the cursor is directed to the bottom of the desktop.
Really simple right? Oh yes, on the Taskbar Settings page there are also a number of settings that are recommended to be tried. That is:
Lock the taskbar: This function is to create a taskbar so that the layout does not change
Automatically hide the taskbar in the tablet mode: Same as before. It’s just that this setting is specific to tablets.
Use small taskbar icon: This can also be considered to be activated. Especially for those who use a small screen.
The rest can test them.
How to Overcome the Taskbar that Cannot Be Hidden in Windows 10
Hiding the taskbar can be done in 10 seconds. But what if the taskbar doesn’t want to be hidden?
Now this must be checked again. Most likely there is a problem on the Windows system that is being used. The fix can follow the following tips:
1. Restart Windows Explorer
This taskbar is included from the Windows Explorer section. Usually restarting Windows Explorer can help to deal with the problematic taskbar. To do this:
1. Please press the combination key Ctrl + Shift + Esc on the keyboard
2. To open the Task Manager
3. After the Task Manager opens, open the Processes tab
Well, try to find a Windows Explorer application that is running there
4. Click the Restart button to restart Windows Explorer
There are other ways you can try:
1. Open Task Manager the same as before (Ctrl + Shift + Esc)
2. Click the Details Tab> Then select Explorer.exe
3. Click End Task to stop Windows Explorer
4. Then click File> Run New Task> Type Explorer.exe then click OK
If so, try opening the Taskbar Settings page then activating the settings to hide the taskbar there.
2. Setting Icon Settings to Off
The icon that appears on the menu is one reason why the taskbar in Windows cannot be hidden. For how to overcome this:
1. Click the Windows + I button
2. Enter the Personalization’s menu> Then enter the Taskbar menu
3. Enter the select page which icon appears on the taskbar
4. Change the setting to off
Thus all active icons on the taskbar will disappear. Repeat the steps to hide the tax bar as discussed earlier (to test).
3. Local Group Policy Settings
This Group Policy enters into the actual Windows additional settings. Still related to the previous icon, follow these steps:
1. Click the Windows + R button
2. Type gp edit.msc
3. Click OK
If so, please enter the following settings:
User Configuration> Start Menu and Taskbar> Lock all taskbar settings
Please change the setting to off. In addition, you can also try setting the following settings to Enabled:
Turn off feature advertisement balloon notifications
Turn off calls during Quiet Hours
Turn off all balloon notifications
Turn off automatic promotion of notification icons to the taskbar.
Turn off toast notifications.
4. You can’t yet? Reset Windows User
If you haven’t been able to, the possibility of the system is indeed problematic
Tips that can be tried are by reset. It’s quite effective how to overcome the Windows taskbar that cannot be hidden.
I’ve discussed the method. You can read how to reset Windows 10 without losing data at all. It can be tried.
The final word
That’s the discussion about how to hide the taskbar in Windows 10. Hiding it is easy, but if the error is difficult to fix it here.
If you have questions related to this, please just send it through the comments below.