There are two ways to adjust the volume on a computer or laptop with a Windows system. How to Recover Windows Volume Icon follow the bellow instruction.
1. Through the taskbar
2. Through the keyboard key combination
Well, if you say the most often, of course through the taskbar. Moreover, not all keyboards have special multimedia keys to adjust the volume.
Well, but apparently there are, you know, certain problems that make the volume icon in Windows not appear. The effect of course sound settings cannot be set as usual.
Causes of Missing Volume Icon in Windows
In Windows 10, this missing volume icon can happen. It’s not even Windows 10; previous versions of Windows are the same.
Moreover, the location of this volume icon from Windows XP is already the same.
Well, for the cause itself on average caused by a bug. Either a bug from the icon itself, or a bug from the Windows taskbar (in this case Explorer.exe).
How Recover Windows Volume Icon that don’t appear
If this bug usually there are certain ways to restore the volume icon so that it is back to normal. Among them is using the steps that I will discuss here. Especially for Windows 10 users, let’s try:
1. Check the Volume Icon Settings Recover Windows Volume Icon
First we must check whether the volume setting is correct or not.
This setting, if the condition is disabled, will make the volume icon not appear. Please follow these steps:
1. Open Settings from the Windows Taskbar
2. Enter the System menu
3. Click the Notifications and Actions column
4. Then activate the Audio or Auto play icon
This is just basic. If you can’t, or the volume icon setting is already lit but not yet appear, continue to the next way:
2. Restart Explorer.exe for Recover Windows Volume Icon
Just info for those who don’t know it yet, Explorer.exe is part of the Windows system that has the function as the main user interface.
More or less anyway, the main view that we usually see on Windows is part of Explorer.exe.
Explorer.exe is closely related to the taskbar bug that makes the Windows volume icon disappear. We can overcome it by restarting it. Follow the steps below:
1. Click the Ctrl + Alt + Del button
2. Then click Task Manager
3. On the Process Tab> Open the Apps menu> Then click Restart in Windows Explorer
Wait a few moments until the Explorer restarts. Or you can use the second method; we stop the Windows Explorer first:
1. Open Task Manager as before
2. Enter the Details Tab
3. Click Explorer.exe> Then End Task
Later the Windows Taskbar will disappear. To restore it using this method:
1. Click the File button in Task Manager (top left)
2. Click Browse
3. Open the C: \ Windows folder
4. Finally open Explorer.exe> and click OK
3. Check the Icon Settings in Group Policy for Recover Windows Volume Icon
This icon setting goes to Group Policy (gpedit.msc). Well, this should be checked too. You can use these steps:
1. Click the Windows + R button
2. Type gpedit.msc
3. Continue to open the User Configuration menu> Administrative Templates> Start Menu and Taskbar
4. Check the right, look for the Remove the volume control icon settings
5. Double click to open the settings
If the setting is enabled, this will make the volume icon invisible on the Taskbar. So make sure the settings are in the Not Configured or Disabled condition.
Click Apply and OK. Then close the Group Policy.
4. Add Settings in Regedit
This Regedit setting is intended to bring up volume icons that didn’t exist before. Pretty is good to try.
For ways like this:
1. Type Regedit in the Windows search field
2. Open the Regedit
3. Continue to open HKEY_CURRENT_USER> Software> Classes> Local Settings
4. Open again Software> Microsoft> Windows> Current Version> Tray Notify
That’s the discussion about how to restore a lost Windows volume icon.
What if you can’t yet? Well, the last way you can try is to reinstall Windows. Because the bug might be from the system directly